As B2B content marketing moves center stage, distributing content in varied media becomes increasingly critical. Today B2B marketing departments are developing more visual content such as images, web video, infographics and Slideshare presentations. This visual content is easier to digest, imore engaging ,and delivers the message faster. Read more to learn how you can use Slideshare to visually tell your company’s story to its multi-million users.
(Click here to learn how you can use your vibrant visual content to promote your published content on LinkedIn.)
What is Slideshare
With 60 million users, Slideshare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations and other professional marketing assets. It’s a free website that allows users to post content as presentations. You can upload content like infographics, powerpoint slides, and videos and then embed Slideshare code right on your website or social media profile. Interested viewers can click through the Slideshare as if they were viewing a PowerPoint presentation. Finally, visitors looking to gather information on a particular subject can visit Slideshare;s website, search for information, and consume presentations directly.
Using Slideshare for Business
Slideshare is a great B2B content marketing tool to repurpose content, capture prospects’ attention, and drive additional leads into the sales funnel. Let’s look at each one a bit more:
- Repurposing Content: Slideshare is an excellent way to repurpose other marketing assets into visual and easy-to-consume content. Start by by taking ebooks or industry white papers and summarizing them in a Slideshare presentation. This will make it a faster read for prospects that don’t have time to explore your ebook.
- Capturing Attention: While Slideshare is not a new marketing medium its use on websites, blogs and social media profiles is still fairly novel. Use engaging colors, unique typography and images to tell your company’s story. Additionally, use calls to action and links to convert viewers into engaged leads.
- Driving Traffic: Presentations uploaded to Slideshare can then viewed by prospects and help drive a significant amount of traffic back to your website, blog or landing pages. Additionally, the most popular Slideshare presentations get featured on the Slideshare homepage. If your content happens to get featured on the homepage there is a high chance that it will go “viral”, meaning you hit a home run in terms of visibility.
A company that does an excellent job at creating Slideshare presentations is Desk.com. One of its most notable presentations is called The Undeniable Authority of the Social Customer.
Characteristics that make this presentation great are:
- Vibrant Color Palette: The color scheme of purple, green and white help the presentation to jump off the page.
- Custom Illustration Style: The custom illustration style used in the presentation gives it a very unified look and feel.
- Typography: The variation in font weight and size helps to bring emphasis to different aspects of the presentation.
- Length: The length of the presentation is just right at 21 slides. It maintains a nice balance of being concise while also being thorough in its story telling.
- Use of Imagery: The presentation uses a good mix of images and text to tell the story. No slide is crowded with too much text content.
Handpicked Related Content:
Ready to get started?
Slideshare is an incredibly powerful B2Bcontent marketing tool that can be used to help you garner attention, drive traffic and generate leads. By supplementing your current marketing distribution channels with Slideshare your prospects canconsume your content in an easier-to- -digest, more visually appealing way. So start using Slideshare and watch your prospect engagement take off.