‘Twas the night before… well, um… before you realized you haven’t had time to think about 2014. Amidst all the arduous holiday shopping, New Years’ event planning, company parties, family gatherings, and desperate attempts not to lose our minds, it’s tough to keep tabs on the latest B2B marketing stories and insights – especially what’s afoot for 2014.
So, to lend a hand -- and maybe have a shot at ending up on Santa’s Good List – we’ve compiled a quick lineup of 7 articles that will help you get a jump on the new year. Happy reading!
- Looking to gobble up some remarkable statistics and insights? Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute, discusses his theories about increased B2B content marketing in his piece 50 Content Marketing Predictions for 2014.
- With new buyer trends having recently come into normative practice, Business 2 Community’s 7 B2B Buying Behavior Trends to Watch in 2014 gives B2B marketers and sellers some direction for how to recalibrate for the new year.
- In an article from Fierce CMO – Top 5 B2B marketing predictions for 2014 – editor Tequia Burt breaks down her 5 predictions for 2014, pointing out how the B2B world is beginning to mirror some B2C concepts.
- A piece from Masterful Marketing outlines the coming changes from a small business perspective in 6 Small Business Marketing Trends for 2014.
- Utilitarian marketing – what is it? G. David Dodd from B2B Marketing Directions elaborates on its growing purpose for the coming year in Two Keys to More Effective Marketing in 2014 - How Marketing Content Must Change.
- The Future of Content Marketing: Trends and Predictions for 2014 by Sherice Jacob of KISSmetrics, takes a solid look at content marketing through three currents trends, presenting a case for how things might change down the line in each area.
- The emphasis on increased content marketing continues. Social Media Today’s Christopher Ryan writes in his article B2B Sales and Marketing Trends for 2014 about the 5 changes the B2B sector will experience in the new year.
B2B marketers – start crafting your company wish lists! With the latest trends to evaluate and patterns emerging across the B2B landscape, it’s important to make your own predictions. What themes do you think will dominate B2B marketing come 2014? Leave a comment below!
[Image from Flickr user nigelhowe]